Frequently Asked Questions
- What will Brain Foundation do with the donations they receive?
Our two aims are to:
- educate the community about brain and spinal disorders and injuries, and develop avenues for brain health
- raise funds for research – read more about our funding process
- What is Headache Australia?
Headache Australia is a division of the Brain Foundation that aims to have Headache recognised as a major public health disorder that is biologically based, common, occurs in all age groups, and is burdensome and treatable.
- Will my donation be tax deductible?
Yes, all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- ABN No – 47 008 479 936
- ATO Gift Recipient Status?
1.1.6 charitable institution whose principal activity is to promote the prevention or control of diseases in human beings
- How many staff do you have?
1 full-time and 4 part-time.
- Where are your offices?
Our main office is in Crows Nest, Sydney.
- How can I help?
There are many ways you can help! You can help by donating to our research fund, holding your own fundraiser, setting up work-place giving, or making a bequest. See our SUPPORT page for more.
- Can I receive more/regular information?
You can go on our mailing list to receive our bi-annual BrainWaves newsletter.
- Can I donate to a particular disorder/disease?
Yes. It is possible to allocate your donation to one of the following categories. On our DONATE form you can select from various ‘campaigns’.
- Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s & Other Neuro Degenerative Diseases
- Cerebral Disease
- Brain Tumours
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Peadiatric Neurology
- Headache & Migraine
- Neural infections
- What happens if there is no grant awarded for my category this year?
The money you donate stays in that ‘category bucket’ until a worthy research application is received.
- What percentage of donated money goes to administration costs?
(…. coming soon)
- Can I come to the Annual Awards Ceremony?
Yes, while places are available and you let us know you are coming. Please ring our office for more information. (02) 9437 5967. The ceremony is usually in September in Sydney.
- What is the Headache Register?
You can join our National Headache Register if you suffer from chronic headaches or migraine. Large numbers on the register lend considerable weight to our requests for research funding from pharmaceutical companies and the government. Read more …
If you have any further questions or comments email us.