Headache Australia is a division of the Brain Foundation – a national charity that funds world-class research throughout Australia into all brain diseases and disorders. Every year we fund at least one research project for Headache & Migraine.
On our DONATION form you can elect either Headache & Migraine Research or General Research.
Read more about all previous years’ research projects, on the Brain Foundation web site, under the heading ‘Where Does Your Money Go?’
Some of the Headache & Migraine research we have funding in previous years:
- 2013 – Chronic Headache & Migraine – The Diagnosis of Vestibular Migraine – Dr Sally Rosengren – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- 2012 – Headache & Migraine Award – Genes and migraine, iron metabolism – Professor Lyn Griffiths – Griffith University
- 2010 – Migraine Award – Finding the Key to the Migraine Riddle -Dr Geoffrey Lambert – Prince of Wales Clinical School, University of New South Wales
- 2009 – Migraine Award – Testing anti-migraine drugs in normal and hypoxic conditions. -Dr Svetlana Shabala -Menzie Research Institute, University of Tasmania
- 2008 – Migraine Award – The cortex, brainstem and migraine. – Dr Geoffrey Lambert -University of New South Wales