Migraine & Headache Australia is a division of the Brain Foundation – a national charity that funds world-class research throughout Australia into all brain diseases and disorders. Every year we fund at least one research project for Headache & Migraine.
On our DONATION form you can elect either Headache & Migraine Research or General Research.
Read more about all previous years’ research projects, on the Brain Foundation web site, under the heading ‘Where Does Your Money Go?’
Some of the Headache & Migraine research we have funding in previous years:
- 2019 – Chronic Headache & Migraine Award – MRI Cervical Muscles In Chronic Migraine And Cervical Dystonia – Dr Lin Zhang – Monash University, VIC [click to view]
- 2018 – Chronic Headache & Migraine Award – Nerve Excitability Studies In Familial Hemiplegic Migraine – A/Professor Karl Ng – Royal North Shore Hospital [click to view]
- 2016 – Chronic Headache & Migraine Award – Making Headway Into Migraine – Dr Susan Tomlinson – University of Sydney [click to view]
- 2015 – Chronic Headache & Migraine Award – MR-Based 4D Flow In IIH – Dr Hugh Winters – Sydney Translational Imaging Laboratory, University of Sydney [click to view]
- 2013 – Chronic Headache & Migraine Award – The Diagnosis of Vestibular Migraine – Dr Sally Rosengren – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital [click to view]
- 2012 – Headache & Migraine Award – Genes and migraine, iron metabolism – Professor Lyn Griffiths – Griffith University [click to view]
- 2010 – Migraine Award – Finding the Key to the Migraine Riddle -Dr Geoffrey Lambert – Prince of Wales Clinical School, University of New South Wales [click to view]
- 2009 – Migraine Award – Testing anti-migraine drugs in normal and hypoxic conditions. -Dr Svetlana Shabala -Menzie Research Institute, University of Tasmania [click to view]
- 2008 – Migraine Award – The cortex, brainstem and migraine. – Dr Geoffrey Lambert -University of New South Wales [click to view]