Migraine & Headache Australia has been supporting millions of Australians affected by headache and migraine for over two decades. Its mission is to provide reliable information, fund research, advocate and support the patient community.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Migraine & Headache Australia is looking to recruit new volunteers to work as part of our social media team and help manage our Facebook Support Group, and communities across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If you have knowledge and experience of migraine or headache disorders, know your way around social media, work well in teams and have some time to give, we’d love to hear from you.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU
If a few of these attributes sound like you, read on for details on the roles available, skills needed and how to apply.
- You are completely at home with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media networks
- You have experience in building a follower base and increasing engagement
- You are comfortable interpreting social media performance and creating strategies to optimize
- You are comfortable scheduling posts through various platforms, or can quickly learn new platforms such as Hootsuite
- You know how to respond to comments with empathy and professionalism to build a loyal community and keep users engaged
- You understand how people struggling with a debilitating illness may express their frustration in different ways, and you truly want to help them
- You can convey medical knowledge with an empathetic and inspirational message attached
- You enjoy research into migraine to collaborate with the team on ideas for social media posts
- Facebook social media leader
- Twitter social media leader
- Instagram social media leader
- Content planning and creation
- Moderating comments and encouraging engagement
- Replying to comments on your social media channel
- Participating in team meetings
- Analytics and reporting
- Contributing to overall social media strategy
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience growing social media community, brand or page
- Experience in moderation and community engagement
- Experience with social media management tools like Hootsuite, Buffer, CoSchedule etc
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Canva or Adobe
- Life experience with brain disease, disorder or injury or migraine or headache disorder or as a caregiver
- Video editing or production experience
Location: Flexible / Remote
- Part-time volunteer year-round
- From 6 hours per week