Migraine & Headache Australia, which is a division of Brain Foundation, is the only charitable organisation in Australia that aims to support the more than 5 million Australians affected by migraine and headache. Its mission is to provide reliable information, advocacy and support for the patient community.
Brain Foundation is a nationally registered charity dedicated to funding world-class research Australia-wide into brain and spinal disorders, diseases and injuries. Established in 1970 by neurologists and neurosurgeons, Brain Foundation funds ground-breaking research projects that aim to advance diagnosis, treatment and patient outcomes.
Role includes the following:
- Develop a social media strategy that increases the participation and growth of the Brain Foundation and Headache Australia.
- Grow and engage the migraine community in several social media channels including:
- Develop a social media strategy to drive greater awareness, and engagement in the Brain Foundation and Headache Australia social media pages, websites and communities.
- Leverage existing assets, images, logos to create new posts for social media.
- Engage with people on social media, respond to comments, likes and interact with the community online.
- Handle difficult or inappropriate comments or content
- Moderate key groups.
- Develop a ‘content calendar’ of scheduled social media posts using a social media scheduling tool.
- Post engaging content sourced from a variety of trustworthy content sources
- Social media to be managed for the following entities:
- Brain Foundation:
- Headache Australia
- Experience growing social media community, brand or page.
- Experience in moderation and community engagement.
- Experience with social media management tools like Hootsuite, Buffer, CoSchedule etc.
- Health care experience.
- Video production experience.
- Life experience with brain disease, disorder or injury or migraine or headache disorder or as a caregiver.
Location: Flexible with occassional Crows Nest office meetings and remote working.
- Part-time volunteer role(s)
- 5-10 hours per week